Beresford Headquarters House
It is the most beautiful example of vernacular architecture of the 16th-17th centuries that is preserved in Trancoso. Its facade is dominated by a balcony with an ashlar sill, on which there is a veranda supported by four octagonal pillars. The main door is bevelled and topped by a cornice and on the opposite side there is a corner window, framed and likewise crowned with a cornice. During the 3rd French Invasion (1810), this building was used as the headquarters of the Luso-British troops commanded by William Carr Beresford.