The castle built here by the Templars followed the simplified fortification formula adapted for small castles, fully updated for that time, consisting of a walled patio and a single gate; in the middle of the walled-in area, isolated from the walls, a keep was installed at the highest point, which made it possible to shoot over the wall. It has a square floor plan and no door on the ground floor. In 1815, the keep, which in the meantime had been converted into a powder magazine, exploded, leaving only a negative image of its outline on the solid rock surface. Next to this spot, the ritual of the throwing of a flower pot is held on 3 May, the day of Santa Cruz, recreating the legend of the Calf or the Siege. The oval enclosure we see today, the citadel, in large part follows the floor plan of the original castle, although some major alterations were made in the 19th century.