Convento dos Frades (Municipal Theatre)
Convento dos Frades is the name given to the convent founded in the village by the Third Order Friars of S. Francisco, in 1572. The architectural compound that is still preserved — made up of the church, the customs house and the bell tower — incorporates elements from the Renaissance, Mannerist and Baroque periods and in it, noteworthy are the building elevations that face the village, as well as the 54 tombstones belonging, mainly, to new Christians. As for the convent itself, it was progressively dismantled following teh extinction of religious orders (1834), so that little remains of it today. In 2009, the church was adapted to serve as the Municipal Theatre.