Main Parish Church or the São Pedro Church
The São Pedro Church, the main parish church, located in Pillory Square, with documentation dating back to 1321, is strongly linked to the urban expansion of the new town, which resulted in the construction of a second ring of walls (13th/14th century). In the 16th century it had a bell tower aligned with the main door, replaced by a side one in 1631 (date inscribed on one of the bells). In 1834, with the extinction of the other two parishes, the church was rebuilt. It has only one nave, with paved flooring and a false vaulted ceiling, made of wood. The altarpieces display gilded woodcarvings.