The Manueline pillory, with an abacus, was built in 1510 as a commemorative and symbolic act celebrating the attribution of the Manueline Charter. It is located in the square in front of the Town Hall and Prison, at the foot of the castle, forming, together with these buildings, the village centre and an image of power. It has six octagonal steps, the column has no base and the capital is fluted with a circular section. On top of this there is a piece, in the shape of a diamond, with curved sides. The top pieces are placed on an abacus, resulting in an image with a circular section, due to the overlapping of crescent-shaped rings, where four small finials stand. At the top is an elongated armillary sphere crossed by an iron spike.