The pillory, a legal and administrative symbol, is seven metres high and one of the tallest in Beira Interior. It is located in the square of the same name. The pillory and Largo da Igreja de S. Vicente have been structures of great importance since the Middle Ages. The pillory dates back to the 16th century and consists of an octagonal shaft crowned with a cage-shaped capital. It has been a monument of public interest since 1933.