Ruins of the Santa Maria do Castelo Church
This building dates from the 13th century and is Romanesque in style with expansion work carried out in the 16th century, namely, the side chapel with the Mudejar ceiling. It was constructed in 1229, if we take into consideration the date of the charter granted by King Sancho II, where the religious authorities and the recent institution of the parish are mentioned. This church is represented in drawings from 1513 by Duarte de Armas, where the full arched portal and the bell tower are depicted. In the 16th century, the side chapel was built, including the Mudejar ceiling and the gargoyle. In 1758 it had four altars – the High Altar, the Altar of the Holy Spirit, the Altar of Our Lady of the Rosary and the Altar of Our Lady of the Immaculate Conception - and was dependent on the Moreira Abbey. The parish was extinguished in 1834. The year 1889 appears on the lintel of the door on the transversal wall of the nave.