Villages

House with covered balcony in Largo do Pelourinho

Castelo Mendo

Castelo Mendo

It was probably built in the 16th century judging from the bevelled doorways and a door with an ogee-arch door in the main part of the house. This two-storey, rectangular civil architecture building has another, longer body attached. It has a four-sided roof. In the late 16th and early 17th centuries there were some alterations to the building, such as the construction of the covered balcony. It is inscribed 1800 and 1801, possibly related to the date of construction of the side wing. In the 19th and 20th centuries the building served different purposes including a primary school and a post office and is now the parish council.