Old Town Hall
The building housing the Old Town Hall and Prison is located in the Pillory Square and its construction dates back to the 16th century, considering the Manueline weapons and the dating of the pillory. The building has two floors, the lower floor being the jail, where the original latrine has been preserved, and the upper floor being the Town Hall. The floor plan, of great simplicity, has two compartments per floor. The openings are made with straight lintels without a protruding frame. Interestingly, the lower floor incorporates the city wall into its structure. In 1855, with the extinction of the municipality of Sortelha, the building was transformed into a primary school, recently closed. Currently, it is used as the offices of the Sortelha Parish Council.