Misericórdia Church (Saint Rita or São João Church) or is located outside the walls and has medieval origins, as it was taxed at 70 pounds in 1320 as São João Church. It was transferred to this building in 1626, when it was enlarged. The fact that it was given the name of Saint Rita is possibly due to the local people’s great devotion to her and the existence of a statue of her on one of the altars. The building has been in ruins for over 50 years. It is rectangular with a single nave, currently without a roof. The main door is a low arch topped by two straight-lintel windows. The triumphal arch inside is a round arch. The base of the pulpit is decorated with volutes and medieval anthropomorphic motifs. The vestry is attached to the south side and the cast iron framework of the original belfry is still there.