Main Parish Church
The church was only built in the 17th century, but it is almost certain that before it, an older church existed in its place, for which the limestone sculpture of its patron saint had been carved, dating from the 16th century, and still remains preserved inside. The 17th century church has undergone several restorations, namely an expansion at the end of the 18th century, and a remodelling between 1898 and 1900, when it was in a very poor state of conservation. At this time, the façade was rebuilt, through the initiative and based on the project of Canon Manuel Fernandes Nogueira, who designed a façade suited to the eclectic taste of the time, with a Neo-Baroque pediment, with spacing by four slender cylindrical buttresses, crowned by conical spires. This intervention also resulted in the construction of the bell tower and the high choir. The church also includes 18th century altarpieces, with images of Our Lady of the Immaculate Conception, St Michael and St Sebastian, but during the restoration work of the last century some of the carvings were painted, and the 19th century tiles in the nave, of blue and white, were replaced by modern ones.